In the wake of 9/11, a government agency needed to build seamless data interfaces in order to share information with other justice agencies. Seemed pretty straightforward – turned out it wasn’t.
Here’s What Happened
First, the agency turned to a global software company to help them build the interfaces. As you might expect, the outside agencies had disparate systems, languages, and security protocols. For reasons that remain unclear to this day, the vendor treated each interface as a project in itself, and more and more budget had to be diverted to creating new interfaces and maintaining the old ones.
This Is Where We Come In
They called ClearWave to get another perspective on the project. The agency decided to place the ClearWave Interface Hub on site as a platform to connect with all outside agencies. By using common methodology, time spent creating new interfaces has been shortened from weeks to hours. Changes made in the future, including the adoption of new technologies by any partner, can be implemented at the hub level- allowing the interfaces to benefit from the new technologies without having to be rewritten.
We Can Help You Save the Day if any of these aspects of this organization’s story are true for you too:
- You need to share information with outside groups or agencies
- The data exchanges are between disparate systems using a variety of protocols and languages to communicate and have varying operating systems and security schemes
- Your current interfaces are written in such a way that the interfaced systems have become “tightly coupled”. Any changes in either system requires changes to the interfaces as well.
- You’re experiencing difficulty in meeting the demand for new interfaces because each one requires a design, architectural, and security review as well as a development cycle.
- You need a platform that’s responsible for all data transitions and protocol shifts so that the I/O from the agency never changes regardless of the outside agency’s system limitations
- You need to shorten the time for new interface development from weeks to hours
- You need a platform that greatly reduces the burden of maintenance and allows you to provide a specification for outside partners for how they can best exchange information with you
- You can’t be chained to a particular system on either side of the interface. If you want to change technology on your end, or your partner wants to change technology on their end, the system needs to be handle this within the platform- without requiring either of you to rewrite the interfaces.